Compass and Elder Abuse Action Australia (EAAA) are committed to protecting and upholding the right to privacy of visitors, contributors, staff, volunteers, board directors and representatives of agencies with whom we engage.
Compass and EAAA require staff, volunteers and board directors to be consistent and careful in the way they manage what is written and said about individuals and in decisions taken about who can see or hear this information.
Compass and EAAA are subject to the Commonwealth Privacy Act, 1988. We follow the guidelines of the Australian Privacy Principles in its information management practices.
Compass and EAAA will ensure that:
- We meet our legal and ethical obligations as an employer and service provider in relation to protecting the privacy of website visitors, contributors and organisational personnel.
- Website visitors have access to information about their rights regarding information and privacy, including how to make enquiries and complaints about privacy.
- Website visitors and organisational personnel are provided with privacy when they are being interviewed or discussing matters of a personal or sensitive nature.
- All staff, contractors, board directors and volunteers understand what is required in meeting these obligations.
- When you access our services, we will not disclose any information about you or the information you disclose to us without your consent. Any personal data you share with us will be managed and stored securely. When you access this website, logged information will only be used for statistical purposes. Your email address will be recorded if you send a message but will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
This policy conforms to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles which govern the collection, use, disclosure and storage of personal information. This policy will apply to all records, whether hard copy or electronic, containing personal and sensitive information about individuals, and to interviews or discussions of a sensitive nature.
Embedded content from other websites